martes, 28 de diciembre de 2021

I´se Gwine Back To Dixie


Performer: Edison Quartette
Issue Number: Edison Gold Moulded 2222
Release year: c.1902


Source: UCSB Cylinder Audio Archive
Subjects: 

Letra adaptada:

I´se gwine back to Dixie, No more I´se gwine to wander,
My heart´s turned back to Dixie,
I can´t stay here no longer, I miss de ole plantation,
My home and my relation,
My heart´s turned back to Dixie, And I must go.

Chorus

I´se gwine back to Dixie, I´se gwine back to Dixie
I´se gwine where the orange blossoms grow,
For I hear the children calling,
I see their sad tears falling,
My heart´s turned back to Dixie,
And I must go.

I´ve hoed in fields of cotton, I´ve worked upon the river,
I got off, I´d go back there, no, never. 
But time has changed the old man,
His head is bending low,
His heart´s turned back to Dixie,
And he must go. 

Versiones destacadas:

👉🏽 Victor 64564. Alma Gluck [#6, 26.05.1917]