lunes, 14 de marzo de 2022

Sammy

Letra: James O´Dea; Música: Edward Hutchison
(Sol Bloom, New York, 1902)

Letra:

Did you ever meet the fellow fine and dandy,
Who can readily dispel your ills and woes?
Did you meet the boy who´s all the candy
Where´er he goes?
That´s the very sort of fellow I´m in love with,
He is all the daffodils of early spring,
And to me the finest bliss is
Just to revel in his kisses
When to him I sing:

Chorus

Sammy, oh, oh, oh, Sammy, 
For you I´m pining when we´re apart;
Sammy, when you come wooing
There´s something doing around my heart.
Sammy, oh, oh, oh, Sammy,
Can´t live without you, my dream of joy;
Tell me, oh, oh, oh, tell me, 
You´re only mine, my Sammy boy, boy

Versiones destacadas:

👉🏽 Columbia 1665. Henry Burr [#5, 04.1904] 🔊

Otras versiones: 

👉🏽 Victor 1657. Harry Macdonough (1902)
👉🏽 Columbia 32373. Henry Burr (1904) 🔊
👉🏽 Columbia 1665. Billy Murray (c.1904)